australia is known for our natural wonders and cultural Wonders. more people are seeking out first nations' experiences creating opportunities for indigenous people to tell their own stories.
That's Juan Walker there, Director of Walkabout Cultural Adventures, on Kuku Yalanju country in Far North Queensland. CVC worked with Juan back in the day to get export ready and he's never looked back.
We've worked in Indigenous tourism development since the early 2000s and have seen a lot of evolution. Indigenous cultural tourism is now a competitive and sophisticated export sector.
Many people automatically think 'cultural tour' but at CVC we've been working with many investors and Indigenous Corporations who are thinking big, and long term and outside of the box when in comes to tourism supply chains. Changing consumer expectations about ethical tourism, sustainable farming and land management and a boom in 'wellness' tourism globally is driving more educated and walthy people to seek out, better, healthier lives... and have the means to travel to learn from traditional cultures.
Tourism is economic development in many regions, so Indigenous tourism can also be 'code' for jobs, land management and the chance for Elders to be on country, improve health and wellbeing and practice culture to support future generations, with community outcomes.
CVC helps Indigenous people to identify opportunities in tourism; delivering face to face, or as a supplier to corporate tourism companies. We work with tourism operators to start up, grow and maybe later export. we mentored under the first Indigenous Tourism Champions Program up by IBA and Tourism Australia in 2012 - 2015 helping Indigenous operators to export by first mastering the domestic marketing fundamentals.
Whatever your size or stage, we can help you to:
- identify target markets and opportunities tailored to your situation
- develop a cultural product or experience
- build an Indigenous owned business in the tourism supply chain
- identify the marketing fundamentals
- tap into grants - we also deliver under grant funded projects
- learn and apply tourism marketing fundamentals that will get you bookings
- develop a viable business case for loans and investment.
Our Indigenous tourism clients include:
- Coaching, Kool Tours, SA
- Cultural Tourism Framework, TIDE NSW
- Boobook Farm Eco Tent Tourism Business Plan, SA
- Tourism Strategy, Arabana Aboriginal Corporation, SA
- Tourism Business Plan, Waltja Tjukantju Palyapayi in the NT
- Marketing Plan, Mindshift Escape Rooms, SA
- Hermannsburg Cultural Precinct Touirsm Business Plan, NT
- Mentoring and Export Marketing, Walkabout Cultural Adventures, QLD
- Product Development and Export Packaging, Maraku Arts, NT
- Feasibility and Business Plan, Tiagarra Cultural Museum, TAS
- Coaching, Aboriginal Contemporary Arts, SA
- Tribal Warrior Cultural Cruises, NSW
- Irrwanyere Aboriginal Corporation, SA
- Tourism Business and Marketing Plan, Djilpin Arts and Djakanimba Pavilions, NT
- Joint venture analysis for NSW Aboriginal Land Council
Want to get started?
Get in touch and contact us to make a time to meet and develop up your tourism project idea.
Contact us, call Susan Lee